A couple of months back, I over-trained and strained one of my Achilles tendons. This has been a painful injury that could have lead to severed tendon if not treated. But as of now, I am definitely on the road to recovery which I credit to two self-help methods that I will share with you here.
Method 1. Leg Mother Bench that Warms the Legs and the Heart
I invented this do-it-yourself project that allows you to apply intense, moist heat while you work or surf the web. It is like sitting next to a warm campfire right at your desk or at home watching the bowl games.
- Intense therapeutic moist heat and comfortable leg rest.
- Fits right under your workstation desk or table leaving room for your legs to move around.
- Approximate dimension with pillow and heating pad--width 24", depth 18", height 20"—(pillows and cases overhang base by a couple of inches).
- Easy to carry (weighs less than 30 pounds) and readily fits into your car's back seat or trunk allowing practitioners to take it along on office or home calls.
- Easy to position, rolls on casters, two of which are lockable.
- Also works as an easy-to-move, relaxing leg and foot rest with the heat off.
- Elevates your feet and legs which is great for promoting circulation.
- Includes stand, high, penetrating heat pad, and luxurious down pillow.
- You can conveniently store the pad in the base when not in use.
- Pad can also be positioned on your lap, making a cold office comfortable (no more fighting over the thermostat settings).
You can make your own custom Leg Mother for less than $225. Here’s how. (link)
Method 2 Pro-Tec Achilles Tendon Strap
The Leg Mother combined with the Pro-Tec are great tools to handle a pulled Achilles.